What is it about?
Grace -Californian through and through- moves to Alaska with her uncle and cousin after the death of her parents. They reside in Ketmore Academy, a boarding school for paranormal teens. As Grace navigates this school, she meets Jaxon Vega, moody vampire with a dark past. Things start going awry as they spend more time together. Earth quakes, and many potentially deadly accidents occur and makes them wonder, is there someone trying to kill Grace?
- It was a fun read. Not too serious, no super heavy topics or scenarios. Light, fluffy romance. Very angsty at times, which is to be expected from a paranormal romance novel. It also can be considered an insta-love, so if you’re not into that sort of thing, skip this book.
- It made me laugh out loud. I like that the author wrote a lot of fun, silly scenes instead of overly dramatic angst and pining. We have a lot of other novels with a ton of those out there already.
- I like that the boarding school is in Alaska. I’ve always wondered why all of these schools for paranormal kids are in the sunniest, most exposed places imaginable. Alaska is a great place to send a vampire to school! Expensive yes, but at least they’re not exposing their identities to the public and it’s easier for them to stay out of the sun.
- If you like Legacies, you’ll like this book. The main character actually watches Legacies on Netflix in a couple of scenes. There’s also a character who reminds me so much of Milton.
- It takes the main character a long time to figure out that she’s in a boarding school for paranormal students. I wouldn’t gripe so much about this fact if the description hadn’t already told us. In my opinion, it would’ve been more effective if we as the readers were kept in the dark like the main character was. It would have added more of a gothic element than the schools’ architecture, which would’ve been more interesting. I mean seriously, it takes this girl almost half of the book to figure out that she’s surrounded by vampires, werewolves, witches and dragons; which takes me to my next point…..
- I like that she adds more than just the standard vampires, werewolves and witches to her paranormal world. There are dragons as well. You can tell she draws some inspiration from Legacies because there was one episode that featured a dragon who can take on a human form. The fact that she took that idea and expanded it was genius.
All in all, I enjoyed the book. If you’re ever in the mood for a cozy paranormal high school romance, this is the book for you.