Hello all! I just wanted to let you know that I will not be posting until after New Years. I will be taking this opportunity to spend time with family and tackle things that I’ve been slacking on – like the darn book! I underestimated how difficult it would be to juggle a fulltime job, reviewing books, writing a book and maintaining a blog. It’s getting very overwhelming and I need- yet another- break. This year has been tough on so many levels already and I want to end it by relaxing. I am reading another book from Reedsy Discovery at the moment, so my next and last post for 2020 will be a book review.
Here are some things that I’ve accomplished this year:
- I’ve created this blog. You have no idea how long I’ve been wanting to do this. I’m so happy with how it has turned out so far, and I’m excited to see what I can and will do next.
- I’ve switched jobs. As much as I liked where I was working before, I did not like the commute. It took me forty-five minutes to get to work by train, and that was on a good day. When the Pandemic started, I really had to consider if staying there was the best idea… even if there was a Barnes and Nobles and Target in that area. I ended up being furloughed anyway, so I looked for other jobs while I was in quarantine. By late October, I had a new job in a center that was walking distance from my house and it only pays fifty cents less than my pre-pandemic job. Yay me!
- I became a Reedsy Discovery reviewer. Now I didn’t expect to be offered this job so soon. I thought it would take years for either websites or other authors to reach out to me to review their books. I received the email from Reedsy Discover the same exact day that I received an offer letter from my current job. It took me a few months – my fault for not keeping up with my emails- until I was onboarded. I am living my nerdy little dreams right now.
Things I want to accomplish in 2021:
- Finish the first draft for Dragon Story (working title)
- Create the page where I’d sell my stories chapter by chapter
- Self-edit Dragon Story
- Have beta readers go of the story
- Find an editor
- Read and review 35 books
I know that this year has been tremendously difficult, but if you can think of anything, tell me:
What was your biggest accomplishment of 2020?
What do you want to accomplish in 2021? Tell me in the comments.