What is it about?
SOLAR FURY is Book I in the thrilling post-apocalyptic survival trilogy SHATTERED SUNLIGHT!
Navigating life is no picnic for young widowed surgeon, Riley Poole, so when a global solar flare strikes – destroying the power grid and stranding her in Washington, D.C. with her teenage daughter – it will take near superhuman courage to find safe harbor in a world gone mad.
With the help of a brilliant but quirky cardiologist named Coop, Riley must conquer her fears, traverse hundreds of miles of frozen terrain and survive hostile confrontations to get her daughter, Julia, to safety. Will she have the strength and determination to ensure they survive?
If you like fierce heroines, emotional upheaval, and heart-pounding adventure at the end of the world, then you’ll love this thrilling new saga by award-winning author E.A. Chance.
- This book had a great pace. There was enough action to keep me interested, and enough slow moments to develop the characters and storyline.
- It’s not too info dumpy. Since it was set in the modern-day U.S., not much imagination is needed in the beginning.
- It was action packed. Although the book is three hundred and fifty-two pages, it feels like you’ve read three books (in a good way).
- I loved the chemistry between Riley and Coop. Nothing was rushed, even though most would through conventional relationships to the wind in an apocalypse, these two did not. There wasn’t too much angst, which could be due to the fact that they are both in their mid to late thirties. It was refreshing to see a healthy relationship develop in a book.
- This was the first Post-Apocalyptic book that I’ve read where the main characters are Doctors. It was interesting to see how doctors may react in the midst of a CME (solar flare) and how their training would come into play.
- Last but certainly not least, this is the first Post-Apocalyptic book that I’ve read by a woman. Most of the books I’ve read in this genre were by men up until this point. E. A. Chance did not disappoint, and I can’t wait for the third book to come out!
Look out for my Hunting Daybreak review (second book in this series) on Wednesday!